Total Pageviews

Tuesday 18 September 2012

When 101 Typewriters Come Home

The typewriter exhibition at the Canberra Museum and Gallery ended on Sunday and all 101 typewriters, plus ephemera, posters and sundry other bits and pieces, were back in my house by 3pm yesterday. Still all packed up, ready to go on the road. But to where? On Route 66?


Well it winds from Chicago to LA
More than 2000 miles all the way
Well it goes from St Louis, down to Missouri,


Oklahoma City looks oh so pretty
You'll see Amarillo and Gallup, New Mexico,
Flagstaff, Arizona, don't forget Winona,
Kingman, Barstow, San Bernadino


Would you get hip to this kindly tip
And go take that California trip
Some hope! And yet they will have to go somewhere ... There's no room left to swing Charlie the Cat here. That's about 650 typewriters, all in one house: far, far too many.



2 comments:

Scott K said...

Perhaps I should have loaded up that plane to help you out!

Those machines you had at the exhibition were beautiful though. I'm going to put up my photos of the exhibition when I have enough time to sort them out.

You really do have some awesome stuff. I think once you sort out some shelving of some kind you'll see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Blossom inch said...

can I have one of your typewriters, please....